Triplett FOX & HOUND 3: Wire Tracing Kit
Triplett FOX & HOUND 3
Tracing Kit; Wire -
The FOX and HOUND 3 wire tracing kit consists of a classic FOX Tone Generator (Toner) and a newly designed HOUND 3 Inductive Amplifier (Probe). The FOX is a battery operated handheld lightweight multi-function Toner that can generate 3 different tones (Hi, Lo, and Warble), perform some basic telephone line tests (loop mA and line polarity), and provides a visual continuity test. The HOUND 3 is a battery operated handheld lightweight Probe, with a thumbwheel Sensitivity control and Signal Strength indicator LED. It improves on previous designs (the HOUND and HOUND 2) with built-in LED illuminators, a bandpass filter, an earphone jack, and an easy access battery cover. An included convenient carrying case (with belt loop attachment) provides ease of use and protective storage for the FOX and HOUND 3.
When used together, the FOX and HOUND 3 aids in identifying, locating, and tracing wires, cables, and other conductors. When the FOX is used to apply a “tone” to a wire, the HOUND 3 can usually locate the wire inside of, or behind electrically non-conductive surfaces (plastic, wood, drywall, etc), up to 12 inches away. The HOUND 3 does not have to contact a wire to identify it . . . i.e. no stripping needed. FOXs and HOUNDs have been used in the telephone, electrical, security, sound reinforcement, video, automotive, and boating industries, to name a few.
- Generates 3 distinct tones usable for wire tracing
- Performs a variety of tests on telephone lines
- Line powered in Tone Mode
- LED Indicator for continuity
- Supplies “Talk Power” to allow communicating between handsets (talksets) or powering a telephone
- Alligator clips and modular plug allow for connection to stripped wires, terminal panels, or a standard modular jack (single line)
|Product Name||Triplett FOX & HOUND 3: Wire Tracing Kit|
|UOM - Unit of Measure||EACH|